Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Brooklyn



Oh, hello friends and family. So, we two have migrated once again. Our last post was months ago (sorry) due to us both being inundated by work and grad school applications. But, things have settled and we are doing really well living in Brooklyn New York- reunited with many wonderful friends and yes it feel so good cause it's understood...
We live in an old Jewish Hospital that has an elevator that takes us up, up, up to the 9th floor where we reside in a two bedroom apartment that has an AMAZING view of Manhattan. Oh, and PS- there is this tiny extra room, the nook. It's a great place for reading, movie watching and is perfect for guests (hint hint).
We have been living here for a few months. Here is a tiny taste of April and Michael in New York:
1. Beky is our roomie. She recently returned from Thailand and needed a family, which was perfect because we needed a daughter.
2. We live close to the Brooklyn Museum, the Brooklyn Public Library, and Prospect Park.
3. After living here for a week, I saw Michael Cera sitting on the back of a parked truck holding a hot dog, about to film a scene for his upcoming movie. It was crazy because I was about to cross the street and I looked over to my right and he was there and I ofcourse felt like I knew him and squealed, "Hi". It was pretty exhilarating for me- cause I love him alot.
4. Comedy Night at Rififi's: Di says that the first night we went was the best night she had ever experienced. We saw Eugene Mirman , a producer from the Daily Show, Demitri Martin, and a bunch of other hilarious people. So worth the $5 dollars we paid to get in.
5. Craftacular put on by Etsy and Bust Magazine. Um, Amy Sedaris was there signing her book and selling cupcakes. Beky was so lucky- she found one of her hairs in the cupcake she purchased- normally gross- but this time great. We plan to clone her.
So many cute crafts and "do it yourself" treasures. Oh, I also saw Aaron and Julia Ruell. Aaron was Kip in Napoleon Dynomite. I have not seen them since before the film was released- they are wonderful people.
6. Serendipity 3 Yummersville http://www.serendipity3.com/
7. Oh, Suvi lives on the same street, although a few blocks down, but it's still pretty wonderful.
8. Trying out ALL the Bikram Yoga Studios
9. A new bike and bike riding around Prospect Park
10. MUSEUMS galore

4 comments:

Cammie said...

Hi April, I was hoping you were the April that Suvi was referring to in her blog and it was true! . . so glad you are enjoying life and with long-time wonderful friends. I heart you and Happy Valentine's Day (yesterday)!

PS. My dad grew up there!

Cammie said...

PPS. I would love to come and visit and I would love for you to come here too!!!! Pretty please!

Bridget said...

You know you can always stay at my house! We miss you. What are you up to?

charles said...

When are you going to update your blog again?

p.s. Dries loves you.